Jetpack is one of the most popular WordPress plugins that comes with great functions, I will say that this is one of my favourite plugins. This plugin helps you to achieve multiple tasks, recently the jetpack plugins added a new feature call Protect which protect your website or blog from brute force attack or from hackers. The jetpack brute force protection helps in monitoring the I.P address which tries to log in to your website.
Today, I saw something that got me scared, I try to login to my WordPress site and I saw something like this “jetpack has locked your sites login page”. When I saw this my first reaction was what have I done this time, what rules have I broken? When I try to enter my email and send email, the next message I got was PAGE NOT FOUND this even get more worried. On this article, I will show how to unlock wp-admin login using various methods.
Method 1: How to Unlock WordPress Admin Login blocked by jetpack
- first, log in to wordpress.com
- Next click on My Site at the top left corner of your screen
- At the left side scroll down a bit and click on Settings>>> Security
- Turn on the Prevent brute force login attacks then click on the drop down
- Copy your current IP address and then paste it in the Whitelisted IP address
- Click on the Save Setting.
- Go back to your site login page and refresh. Now you can now access your wp-admin login page.
Method 2: How to Unlock WP-Admin Login Using Cpanel
This is another simple step you can use to unlock your wp-admin login page that is blocked by jetpack. Here are the steps to follow.
- Login to your Cpanel dashboard. (yoursite.com/cpanel)
- Go to file manager
- Go to Public_html folder
- Scroll down to locate wp_config.php
- Right-click to edit
- Copy and Paste this code define(‘JETPACK_IP_ADDRESS_OK’, ‘X.X.X.X’); please replace the X.X.X.X with your IP Address
- Save changes. That is all, you now have access to your website
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments section below. Thanks