Zoom became very popular during the coronavirus pandemic that occurred last year. During the pandemic, public meetings such as schools, business meetings, religious gatherings and events were forced to shut down to save lives. So, to keep business still moving many business individuals opted in for Zoom to have video members with their members.
Zoom is not just for business meetings but can also be used to stay in touch with friends and families. It can also be used in organizations to take workshops or classes or even in the church it can be used to host worship services as well.
In this article, we will provide you with the basic guidelines you need to host or schedule your first zoom meeting for the first time.
How to host a zoom meeting as a beginner
Zoom is a video communicating service that allows you to set up or attend a virtual meeting with other people online.
If you are a beginner or new to zoom don’t worry this article contains the detailed information you need to host a zoom meeting for the first time. All you have to do is to follow this simple instruction below.
Download the Zoom App on Mobile or Pc
To be able to host a zoom meeting for the first time you need to download the zoom app for your mobile device or Pc. You can download the zoom app on your android or iOS device by visiting the Google Play store or the Apple iOS store.
To download for your Pc, visit the Zoom official website to download the Zoom application to your desktop computer.
Create a Zoom account
However, you don’t need a Zoom account to join a meeting but you need a zoom account to schedule or host a zoom meeting of your own. Having a zoom account gives you access to create an instant virtual meeting and giving you your personal settings that allow you to control any meeting activities and also update your personal profile or plan at any time.
Zoom account creation process
- Visit the zoom link and click on the orange button that says SIGN UP, it’s FREE
- You will be taken to a verification page, that state that please confirm your date of birth. Fill in that dropbox with your correct date of birth and click on continue.
- Now, enter your email in the email box and then click on the signup button.
- You will receive an activation email, enter your email inbox and click on the confirmation link to begin using zoom.
This is all the information you need to create a zoom account, you don’t have to create a zoom account again if you already have one. All you have to do is to log in using your username and password to be able to use the zoom platform.
Next, update your profile on Zoom
Now that you have created a zoom account, your next step is to update your zoom profile details as well.
To edit or update your zoom account for the first time, you need to log in to your account using the zoom official website. All you need to do is click on the profile option and follow the necessary information provided to edit your personal profile successfully. After filling in your correct details, click on the Save button to save your details.
How can I schedule a zoom meeting for the first time?
As the host of the zoom account, you can schedule a meeting for a specific time and date for an upcoming meeting you have. To start the scheduling process;
- Login to your zoom account using the zoom app.
- Click on the Schedule.
- Follow the instructions to schedule a program.
- After you have input the right information, click on SAVE.
Congratulations, this is how to schedule a meeting on zoom as a beginner.
How to Start a Zoom Meeting for the First Time.
After creating and scheduling a zoom meeting, it is your responsibility as a host to start a meeting and attend to your invitees by admitting them to your first zoom meeting.
The step to step guide on how to start your very first zoom meeting is very simple and straightforward. Here are the steps below.
- On your zoom application click on meetings at the top of your screen.
- Select the meeting of your choice from the meeting list located on the left side of your screen.
- Now, click on the blue start button to begin a meeting.
How to start a zoom meeting using zoom client
You can also start a zoom meeting on the zoom client software, all you need to do is to get the zoom client software on your device.
- Visit this website; minnstate.zoom.us
- Scroll to the bottom of the page i.e. the footer of the page
- Click, on Download, you will be taken to the download centre where you can download the zoom client for meetings.
- Click on the blue Download button to download the zoom client for your device.
- Once the zoom client has been downloaded open the app and sign.
- Sign in with the SSO option.
- Still, on the sign-in SSO dialogue box option type in Minnstate in the company domain box provided and then click on the blue continue button.
- A browser window will prompt up prompting you to sign in with your StarID
- This action will prompt the launch application box to be opened. Follow the instructions by selecting Zoom and then click on the check box to Remember my choice for zoommtg links then click on Open Link.
- You will now be login to zoom where you can start a new meeting, join a meeting, schedule a meeting or even share your screen.
How to invite others to join your meeting.
You hosting a zoom meeting is to communicate with your audience. So, you need to let them know by inviting them to join your upcoming zoom meeting.
- To invite others to join your meeting all you have to do is to log in to your zoom app and click on Meetings at the top of the app.
- Tap on Copy Invitation to invite other people to your meeting.
- Now you can share the invitation to whom you what to invite for your zoom meeting.