As we all know that our phones are our personal belongings and sometimes we have some important secret we don’t want others to see. Thanks to the smartphones companies they provide us with different lock security like pattern lock, Face Unlock ID, PIN, to protect our phones from third parties. Latest smartphones now come with a Fingerprint sensor which is now the advance way of unlocking phones, that is, by the way, let go into what brings us here.
Today, I will be sharing with you how you can unlock your Android smartphone using Command Prompt on your computer. So, if you have forgotten the particular security lock you use, you don’t have to worry that all, because this step am about to share with you, is one of the easiest ways to unlock your forgotten password on your phone. Although we have numerous ways we can also use to unlock our smartphone but it may require you to use the refectory settings which can make you lose some of your important data. For this step you don’t have to fear about losing your important data, let me quickly show you how to unlock your android phone using CMD also known as command prompt. But before I share with you that steps here are some key requirement you need.
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
- A USB Cable
- USB Debugging mode must be enabled
- Android SDK
Method 1: How to Unlock Android Password using Command Prompt
- Make sure to download ADB files known as (Android Debug Bridge) and drivers
- Now you must make sure to set up the ADB on your laptop or computer
- You must enable the USB DEBUGGING on your phone. To do that Go to Settings>>> Developer Options>>>> USB Debugging >>>> tap on the DOT sign to enable the USB Debugging.
- Next is to plug in your android phone to your computer using your USB cable.
- Now right click on the ADB folder, then select with Open with Command window
- You will be taken to the Command window, type in adb devices and then press enter on your computer.
- Next type adb Shell press, the enter key on your keyboard.
- The shell will now be open, type again su
- After entering, type rm/data/system/gesture.key, and then press enter key on your computer. That all you can now unplug the phone from your computer.
Method 2: How to Unlock Android Password using Command Prompt
- Download and install Android SDK on your computer.
- Extract the SDK file to the root of your drive C and then rename the folder to android-SDK.
- Plug in your android phone to your computer using your USB cable.
- Go to your window icon or press the window key on your computer and search for cmd to open the command prompt.
- Now type the following command code to go the ADB directory
cd android-sdk\platform-tools\ and hit enter.
- Again enter these command code
adb shell cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases sqlite3 settings.db
update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
update system set value=0 where
- That all you can now unplug the phone from your computer and then reboot
- You can now unlock your phone using any pattern of your choice, I advise you change the password immediately to the one you can remember easily.
If you find this post helpful please show some love by sharing this post with your friends using any social button of your choice.